How to make a vegan Oreo cheesecake
Posted on Sunday, August 16 2015 by Emily-May Yeo in Food
I think I have found my go-to birthday cake. This beauty is decadent and delicious! It is also easily made into individual portions to eliminate the need for plates and cutlery! Perfect!
Vegan Oreo Cheesecake
20 Oreos (filling and biscuits), crushed
2 tbs coconut oil, melted
2 tubs Tofutti
1 cup soaked raw cashews (Soak the cashews in a bowl of water over night or for 8 or more hours)
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/4 tsp salt
7 tbs agave nectar or maple syrup
4 tbs coconut oil, melted
4 tbs vegan “butter”
14 Oreos (filling & biscuits), roughly chopped
For the base:
- Use a food processor or blender to finely chop the crushed Oreos. Reserve a quarter of the crushed Oreos to sprinkle on at the end.
- Mix the remaining crushed Oreos with the coconut oil until combined then press either into a lined spring-form tin or 12 cupcake pattie pans. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
For the filling:
- In the same food processor or blender, blitz the remaining ingredients, except for the chopped Oreos, until smooth.
- Fold the chopped Oreos through the cheesecake filling and pour into the tin or cupcake pattie pans, then sprinkle over the reserved crushed Oreos.
- Freeze the cheesecake until solid. Thaw until soft enough to cut with a knife when serving. Otherwise, you can leave the cheesecake in the freezer for months in an air-tight container but who has that kind of patience?!
Emily-May Yeo is a vegan baker, photographer and graphic designer. For more awesome recipes, visit her blog at foxandfire.net.